Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Crazy, Crazy about One Direction



It feels like dejavu! Some years ago, I was crazy about an Irish Boyband, Westlife. A boyband that consists of Mark Feehily, Shane Filan, Nicky Byrne, Kian Egan, and Brian McFadden. This boyband was very popular in Indonesia. All the girl teenagers (including me) would scream if we heard their voices singing. We can see Westlife everywhere, on the magazine, on the poster on the public cars, on our books and when we walk through the rows of the cassette stores, we would hear Westlife singing all the street long.

But now, time’s changing. It’s not all about Westlife anymore. It’s One Direction Era. This boyband formed from the X-Factor talented show in UK in 2010. It consists of Zayn Malik, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Niall Horan. This boyband started to be popular since their awesome performance on the X-Factor stage. They could get the girls attention quickly with their cute faces and their great voices. Their first album Up All Night succeeded in Europe and America, they’ve got so many awards from their first single ‘What Makes You Beautiful’. Recently in September 2012, they got 3 VMA awards. One Direction also always becomes a trending topic on Twitter. That’s one of the reasons of their popularity.

The songs like What Makes You Beautiful, More Than This, Forever Young, Everything About You, Stole My Heart, Same Mistake, I Wish, Gotta Be You, One Thing, Save You Tonight, I want, Moment, Live While We Were Young are on my track music list. Yeah, I’m crazy about One Direction now, especially about Zayn Malik, but Westlife is still my number one and Mark Feehily is still my man….

No comments:

Post a Comment